Saturday, July 7, 2012

Lydia's Blessing Day

On March 11th Lydia was given a name and a blessing by her dad.
Here she is in her blessing dress made by Granna.  I didn't get any good pictures of her in her dress on this day so I had a photo session with her another day and those pictures are in a future post :)
 Standing in the blessing circle were (l-r) Russell's cousin Josh Fisher, my brother Steven Hatch, my dad, Russell, Russell's dad, and Russell's cousins Ben Fisher and Spencer Bogh
Lydia's 2nd cousin Max (Josh and Jessica's son) was blessed the same day.  They are 1 month apart!  After church we held a picnic at a nearby park for all our families.
These are the cupcakes Jessica and I made.  The toppers said "What a blessing!" and either "Max" or "Lydia"
The picnic was nice and the weather was great and we got to enjoy family time.  Here is my cousin Justus and his wife Carolyne, my grandma, Dad, and Steven.
This is Margaret Hatch holding her namesake, Lydia Margaret.  Grandma got to meet her for the first time this day and enjoyed spending some time holding her great granddaughter.

No comments: