Thursday, September 23, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day weekend we went to visit my parents in San Diego and we planned to make our one and only trip of the Summer to the beach.  Wouldn't you know it? The marine layer was really thick when we got there at 10am and did NOT wear off AT ALL.  So it was pretty cold, but at least it wasn't crowded!  Russell spent a lot of time with the girls walking into the water
and promptly running back out with the tide
Nathan also spent some time running away from the water.  But he was very cool and collected about it and seemed to be showing everyone that he wasn't really afraid of the water, he just would rather stay dry.
The girls had SOOOO much fun it made me wish we had taken them more this Summer.

Nathan spent most of the time with me . . . up on the blanket. . . out of the cold.  I was trying to protect him from the cold water and it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I was feverishly reading The Hunger Games


Nathan thought he was a big help when the girls decided to start collecting rocks.  I thought it was pretty cute.

We had a good time.  Well, at least THEY did.  These faces say it all . . .
After lunch and naps the kids had some fun in the pool with their cousins Sara and Kaleb and their Uncle Matt

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Looks like you had fun, despite the weather! I miss the beach!

AudBall said...

speaking of the beach... it's supposed to be 104 degrees here on monday. so i'm going to the beach! if you want to come let me know!

The Heitritter Family said...

I felt the same way about the beach too. I am such a homebody and my boys suffer as a result! Your kids are so cute and I love the picture on the top of your blog - perfect! Not to be creepy or anything, but you looked so darn pretty on Sunday. I secretly (well not so secretly since I told Kes about it later) covet your hair and skin. Maybe the weather will cooperate and you can fit in one more trip before it gets too cold.