Monday, September 28, 2009

Beach Trip '09

Sadly, beach trips have become a once-a-year thing since having children. It's hard for me to get used to the fact that I don't live 20 minutes from the beach anymore- it's more like an hour and a half. We did manage to go to the beach while we were in San Diego for Kevin's wedding a couple of weeks ago and here is the proof . . .
The girls were more interested in the sand than the water, but I think that's normal at their age.

When they did venture into the water- it was COLD!
(Madylin with Uncle Matt)
And when Daddy went in the water without the daddy's girl (a.k.a. Morgan), the world was over!
Ahhhh that's better
and I hung out with my little man.

4 comments:

Judy said...

He's so so so cute. It was wonderful to get to hold him last Friday. Thanks for sharing!

Jessica said...

ya going to the beach with kids, or even just one isn't the same, you have to take SO much more stuff, juggle the timing with naps, and then on top of it you can't even take a relaxing nap in the sun when you get there :) still fun, but just in a very different way, you guys are great parents, they look like they had fun

Natalie said...

Looks like fun! All my kids loved the beach when we were down in July. Abby especially loved the sand and got it EVERYWHERE!!!! It is a hassle to take kids to the beach, but I think it's worth it!

Jennifer Lomenick said...

Glad you guys had a good time. I can't say that I like the beach at all and sadly my kids don't get to go while we are in California.

Stefani is pointing to the girls and saying Madylin and Morgan. It is cute. Can't wait to see your family!