So my dear friend Melody tagged me and this is one where you only tag one person and say why and so I felt like I really had to do it. The tag was originally called "Thanksgiving in January" but that doesn't work now so I had to change it . I wasn't that excited about the tag at first, but when I started I was surprised. It's a good one. You should all do it because it makes you feel grateful and happy for all that you have. Thanks, Mel.
You are supposed to think of 6 things that you are grateful for and explain why. Here goes . . .
1. Russell- Duh, right? But honestly- he's a great Dad and he works hard for our family. He spends almost all his free time with me and the girls and his daughters love him like crazy. He's very careful with money and appreciates my thrifting and all my cooking. And get this- he goes grocery shopping with me- like every time! It's like our fun family outing of the month.
2. Madylin- She is such a goofball. She loves to give hugs and read books and walk up and down the stairs by herself. She is bossy and likes to tell Morgan what to do. If she gets an "owwie" I have to give her a hug before she'll start playing again. She is a total momma's girl even though she loves her daddy too. To get her to eat her chicken nuggets we have to tell her she can't eat her broccoli until she takes a bite of chicken (totally backwards, right?) OR we tell her we are going to give her bite to Morgan and then she says "no bite, bite!" and she'll take it. She loves to hold hands with Morgan and she'll repeat "hand hand" when she wants to hold someone's hand. Cant' imagine life without her.
3. Morgan- she loves to dance. Whenever music or dancing comes on the t.v. she says "dance" and starts jumping around the room. She always sleeps across her crib width-wise so her legs are always up in the air because she doesn't fit. The girl LOVES food and has the funniest little pregnant-looking belly. Her vocabulary is pretty impressive and she'll repeat absolutely anything you say. She's a little mimic and it's hilarious. She' a daddy's girl through and through. Can't imagine life without her either!
4. Our Computer- Russell insisted on getting a really nice (a.k.a. expensive) computer despite my concerns, but I'm so grateful. It's so nice to have a good computer that doesn't crash every few weeks and that I can trust with all my pictures and documents. It's not a necessity, but I'm so grateful to have it!
5. Russell's Job- I've been feeling extra grateful for this lately and I'm sure you understand why. It's so nice to know that Russell has a good job that provides for our needs and that is fairly secure.
6. Friends- I am so blessed to have such great people in my life. I am lucky to have kept a few friends from every stage of my life. I have friends from back home like Melody and Erin and Jen. When I went to college I met Ashley, Brie, Cat, and Jessica and still have them in my life. I have wonderful friends from singles ward, Audrey and Marissa and Kevin. I also have Christy, Kim, Judy and others from my ward right now and great family that I consider friends (Lisa, Jessica, Stacy and many more!). It's so nice to have friends that I can reminisce about every part of my life with.
Now I tag you, Erin! Erin is one of the most positive people I know and she is also one of the greatest examples I know. She is brave and always seems to do the right thing and she has the coolest stories to tell (like when some crazy no-on-prop-8 lady bit her finger because she was trying to stop her from taking all her "Yes on 8" signs down) Erin is great and I know she'll have an inspiring list. But anyway, everyone should really do this! (even if I didn't tag you!)