Friday, May 13, 2011

Easter 2011

Easter Sunday is swiftly becoming my favorite holiday.  Probably because I get to host and have both my family and Russell's family all together under OUR roof.  This year the Easter Bunny was kind enough to come during church instead of before because 9 am church comes too early to fuss over egg hunts and baskets as well as get myself and my brood looking extra special in time.
Here are the kids before church.  Of course the picture is blurry- I hate my camera (but don't tell my husband I said this because he hates it when I complain about it and threatens to go spend money we don't have to buy a new one ;)
And the next one is magically clear
After church we admired our baskets from the Easter Bunny and also saw the dammage he'd done.  The girls thought it was hilarious that the naughty bunny came and hid eggs all over our house! Unfortunately, it was kind of a dreary, drizzly day so the hunt had to take place indoors.
Nathan had some help from Granna on the high ones
Here are the kids with their loot!
For dinner I made Ham, crescent rolls, green beans with bacon, and deviled eggs.  My mom made potato salad and my mother-in-law made a delicious fruit salad.  For dessert I made carrot cake and strawberry short cake. We had my mother and father-in-law and Travis, as well as my parents, brother Steven, and my brother Matt with my nephew Kaleb.  Great food and great company.
One more attempt at a family picture outdoors: 
The girls were complaining that it was cold and Nathan was sucking on an egg, but that's how family pictures often go and so I have to get over it!

1 comment:

Judy said...

I love your matching yellow and blue clothes! You guys are such a cute family.