Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentine's Festivities

Look at that- only 4 days after Valentine's Day and I'm already posting about it!  I'm trying to get better.  This year I wanted to have fun with the girls and get them excited for Valentine's Day.  We made some cute Valentine's for the grandparents and we decorated cookies to start.
Madylin and her masterpieces
Morgan

 We also made these cute candy cane heart "lollypops"
I gave them to my volleyball team (14 year-old girls) and they loved them!
 On Valentine's Day I started the day by making pink heart-shaped pancakes for the kids for breakfast.  That was a hit.  We then got ready to go to a little Valentine's Day party with friends.  I got to see some of my old friend's from singles ward, and the kids got to run around and make hats and decorate boxes and cookies.  We had a good time.  We ate lunch, which included heart-shaped jello jigglers and a heart-shaped sandwhich.
Here are all of the kids' boxes
Morgan and Madylin love to decorate (and eat!) cookies, but really what kid doesn't!
And this is what Nathan did during cookie making. He loves PB&J
After all the festivities I had to go to class and volleyball practice and Russell had the kids for the night.  I convinced him to make Shepherd's Pie for Dinner and to dye the mashed potatoes pink.  He did it and the girls LOVED that.  It looked pretty funny, but tasted yummy.  
(poor quality-picture taken w/ Russell's phone)
When I got home around 9:30 I had a paper to write, so I hardly saw Russell that day, but each of us had a good time with our little mini-Valentine's.  Hope you all had a fun day, too!

1 comment:

Jensine Kinser said...

You do some cute baking creations. I still remember those little "pumpkin" cheeseballs you made for a baby shower. Nice shepherd pie :)