Tuesday, February 2, 2010

He got his wish . . .

Nathan's 6 month check- up was last week. He was 16 pounds 13 ounces and 28 inches long. That puts him somewhere around the 20th percentile for weight and the 90th for length. So we got a long skinny one here. But he's definitely strong! He started crawling all over the place this weekend.
He's very happy and mellow and he's a terrible eater when it comes to solids. He acts like he is gagging on everything we put in his mouth. It's very frustrating and we have practically given up for the time being. I guess he will just be nursed FOREVER!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

So cute! I'm SOOOOO glad Emma didn't crawl that early! Good job Nathan! :)

Jennifer Lomenick said...

Can't wait to see him next weekend. The kids said that Nathan and Ryan can play together. I told them that Nathan will just climb all over Ryan since he is just mellow. Waiting for foods isn't bad. I can't stand feeding babies so nursing works well for me!

The Heitritter Family said...

Holy cow! What a go-getter! I hate feeding babies too and Ollie is just the same with rice cereal - gagging on every bite. I dread feeding him. Nathan is just too cute (and your girls get cuter by the week too)!

Liesl Law said...

I love when they start crawling bc they can entertain themselves so much easier. ;) My Amri didn't eat solids til she was about 9 months old. She only nursed...no bottles, no solids (expect graham crackers)!Watch out, he may be a picky eater-Amri is my pickiest! Its tough but they won't be nursing forever...it just feels like it. :)

Jessica said...

Go Nathan! Go Nathan! how cute, i can't believe it! that's awesome :)

Natalie said...

If he doesn't like rice cereal....skip it! None of my kids liked that nasty stuff.....they all wanted the stuff that actually has some flavor!

Melody said...

Go Nathan! That's so exciting! (and scary!) What a big strong boy. I love watching beginner crawlers learning to coordinate their arms and legs. It's SO cute!