Tuesday, November 1, 2011

L.A. County Fair

 Okay if I want to post about Halloween (which I do) then I told myself I have to catch up first!
In September we were able to go to the L.A. County Fair on a weekday for free thanks to my friend Katrina and the unofficial preschool field trips she frequently puts together.  My mom came too, and we packed lunches and had a fun day without spending a dime.
Of course the kids loved the animals, especially Nathan.  He liked the chickens and roosters and kept saying "cock-a-doodle-doo"
They spent a lot of time playing on this crocodile
I think this one of Nathan is my favorite picture from the day.  He seems like he is sacrificing himself or something.
They had this really great area for kids to dress up as princesses and knights and just play pretend.
The girls of course LOVED it.
There was a lot to see there and the kids really enjoyed seeing animals they've never seen before (they've never been to a zoo or The Wild Animal Park, poor deprived kids).  I love this picture of them trying to act like scary lions.
We didn't get a picture of the whole group but here we are without Russell.  I'm so glad we had the opportunity to do something like this without spending money.  We were so grateful.

No comments: